Monday, February 21, 2011

My baby boy is ONE!






Happy Birthday to Nathan! We are going to celebrate his birth when his Daddy returns with a big bbq, cupcakes and homemade ice cream (pictures will be posted of my boy's first cake-I'm sure it will be a hoot.) Today was still a speical day. I made a card for my boy-I think it's cute. I also made a banner (which is also for Nathan's dad-who's birthday is tomorrow)I thought it would have been fun to go out for breakfast to celebrate the day. I remember vividly going out to breakfast at Jeff's Pirate Cove the day before giving birth, I also remember enjoying the breakfast served at the hospital (although I was so hungry-anything would have tasted good)Eggs are a favorite food for Nathan-it would have been a fun tradition to start but we did not go out for breakfast-I thought it might be a little weird going by ourselves-Maybe next year.
We spent the day quietly-We ate enchiladas for dinner and than went for a nice walk around the neighborhood before calling it a night. I told Nathan his birth story-it was fun to remember the day he was born it was more fun to watch Nathan react to me telling a story-he has a lot of facial responses and expressions-mostly cute smiles.
The picture above of Nathan crying made me think of the song "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to..." Nathan is crying because I caught him in the closet playing with my stamps. I took the stamps away and pulled him out of the closet-which he did not like at all. After his crying spell, I had that song stuck in my head all day long.

Happy Birthday Nathan!

No comments: