Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day at the Beach





Yesterday we went to Haputo Beach. There was a bit of a hike to get to the beach. The hike was totally unexpected and unwelcome by myself since I was carrying Nathan but in the end all was well and the Beach was lovely. We found a nice shady palm tree to sit under to keep Nathan out of the sun as much as possible. Of course we still went in the water. Nathan really likes being in the water. We saw lots of fish I tried pointing them out to Nathan and making a big deal of them but at 4 months he didn't really know what I was taking about and was more happy to just be splashing around. I fed Nathan while Greg went out snorkeling. I was a little concerned about feeding in "public" but there was no one around and in all honesty some bathing suits show more skin than me nursing-so I got over it and just fed my boy.

The hike back to the car was significantly more challenging since it was all up hill. I felt safer carrying Nathan on the way up-but I was winded and out of breath most of the way. On the path we came across a small monitor lizard (it was only about 2 feet long) The creature startled both Greg and I but we got over it real fast and I suggested to Greg he get the camera, by the time we got the camera out the lizard was quickly making it's way back into the jungle.

No comments: