Tuesday, August 25, 2009

16 week doctor's appointment

On Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment. It was not a "major" appointment just a check up of sorts. I had a list of questions, mostly just weird quirks and pains with my body that I wanted to make sure was normal and related to pregnancy. Things like hair loss (I've been shedding and clogging up the bathtub drain-but I still have plenty of hair it's more annoying than anything else) and back aches (my doctor said it will only get worse as I get bigger.) I went over my "list" of strange symptoms and questions of what I can and can't do with my doctor. His final response to me was "You are not sick, you can do anything you would normally do" not really the response I was looking for but I suppose I am being overly worried about too many things.

I was so happy when the nurse found a heart beat with the Doppler, I had such a reassurance that everything is alright and a baby is growing inside me. The heart rate was in the 140's. I was shocked when my doctor said my weight gain was on the low side, only 3 pounds. I thought for sure I had gained 10 pounds or more I feel so heavy already. Of course it doesn't help that my jeans are a little snug and Greg makes it a point to "point" and chuckle at my growing stomach. Greg's comments/notice of my weight gain is all in good spirits.

After my appointment I had to head to the Radiology Dept. to schedule an ultra sound. I didn't know I was going to have my next ultra sound in a special department but I'm pretty excited about it. At my 20 week mark I'll have the ultra sound and hopefully we'll know if we are having a boy or a girl. A week later I have an appointment with my regular doctor to go over the results.

I had plans to head to the insurance office while at the hospital and have a chat about possibly having the baby in Washington State. The day of my appointment I had a flat tire. My friend drove me to my doctor's appointment and I didn't want her to have to wait any longer. I'll head back to the hospital another day to gather information for such a venture.

So many exciting things are ahead.

For my family patiently waiting-there will be a pregnancy photo posted soon.

Photobucket

No comments: