Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pine Cone Christmas Tree




We're moving soon, Greg and I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of Christmas stuff only to move with it especially when we have a couple of bins and a tree waiting for us back home. Christmas is already not the same without our family and it seems even worse not to have a Christmas Tree. I know it's a bit irrational but I needed a tree, after a few days of whining and complaining to Greg, we decided I could have $20 to decorate the house for Christmas. $20 doesn't go far and any artificial tree would suck up my funds. I got creative and made a tree with pine cones and hot glue. I collected 3 big bags full at a park a few blocks from our house. I only need one bag, I'm not sure what I'll do with the left overs yet. We went to Wal-mart and spent $12, $6 on silk poinsettias and berries, $2 on ribbon and $4 for some cheap stockings. The poinsettias and berries will be saved for future use next year and the pine cones will go back to nature, we'll probably give away the stockings to someone next year. This works well because we don't have a fake tree to move with and I feel like there's a little more Christmas cheer in our home. My pictures don't really do it justice and it's obviously not a real tree but I'm satisfied for now.

No comments: