Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Flowers from my sweetie!






I was told I was getting flowers for our 4 year anniversary so when I didn't I was a little bummed. I was determined to have a fun and pleasant evening so I didn't make a big deal about it and I tried to hide my sadness. I tried to understand that my husband had been at work for nearly 40 hours. Not being the kind-hearted woman I ought to be, I did comment on my lack of flowers the very next day. Imagine my surprise when nearly a week after our anniversary, I received flowers, my little heart just burst with love.

I didn't have a vase large enough to properly hold my bouquet so I trimmed the stems and separated the flowers into smaller vases. The yellow and white daisies looked just right in a slender blue vase and the pink flowers were arranged in an old glass milk bottle. With smaller vases I can enjoy the flowers in different rooms through out the house. I just love fresh flowers. being so expensive they are a rare treat, but that just makes them so much more special.

Rearranging store-bought flowers into multiple vases works for me.

Go here for more Works for me Wednesday, Shannon's clean fridge tip resonates with me, I do the same thing when thawing meat and I also just cleaned out my fridge (super well too, all shelves bins pulled out and scrubbed clean)


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's nice.

Arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers

Anonymous said...

Flowers are the great way convey love to someone special.