Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sketch Challange


I have been on such a crafty kick lately. I've been browsing scrap booking and stamping blogs in search of inspiration, I ordered over 300 pictures from our 2008 cross country road trip and I've been scrapping up a storm. It could be because summer is here and my schedule is freer without a daily job or it could be because my neighbor started scrap booking and came to me for advice and tips (ME!) I'm rather critical and concerned over my past projects, my scrapbooks are not much compared to the talent I've seen from others online, but I'm still flattered by someone's interest in my hobby.

My online craft searching led me to this site called Our Creative Corner super cute! I knew I had to participate in this weeks Sketch Challenge. I've been thinking about sending a card to a friend and this seemed like a little push to go ahead and get a card made. (In truth, the $20 gift card drawing was more influential)

It's been a fun week and I've done a quite a bit to my little family scrap book. The craft room (hobby room?) is in a constant state of disarray. I share half the table with my hubby and his projects. I'm not complaining, it's kind of nice to work side by side, I wouldn't say it's quality time together as we don't really talk, we're so focused on our projects at hand.

I tried convincing my husband that we should have a "hobby fund" to help pay for all my crafting purchases and scrap booking needs, my supplies are dwindling down. I was given a hearty chuckle and a big fat NO. It was worth a shot. It is so hard to be frugal when it comes to scrap booking and stamping, but I can do it. I just have to be more creative in using what I have.




Photobucket

4 comments:

Everyday is a new day said...

You shouldn't be so surprised that someone is comeing to YOU for advice. You are so amazingly creative!!! I would and am coming to you for any crafty, scrapbooking advice and that is for sure. Well if I ever get around to scrap booking.

Oh and of course i am commenting you your my sister and well your great!! plus you live so stinkin far away. Love you!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job, so glad you palyed with us OCC girls.

Dawn Easton said...

Love blues and browns! Great card...thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love the funky, edge color combo and geometric paper. Great job with the OCC sketch. Thanks for playing!