Tuesday, August 26, 2008

book recommendation

Last month my friend lent me a book, she said it was really good (she was right.) I didn't think much of it, and I finished the other books I was reading and finally got around to reading my borrowed book nearly three weeks later, I finished the book in two days, two days! over 400 pages and I finished it two days. I don't remember the last book that I just couldn't put down. It's such an easy, quick and enjoyable read. Enjoyable may be the wrong word, some parts are quite horrific and heart-wrenching. The book: Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall. It's about a young girl who grew up in a polygamous sect, was married at the age of 14, escapes the church, and later goes to court as a key witness against the corrupt leader in the church she ran from. The story of courage and heroism is captivating..like I said I couldn't put it down. Go to your library and check it out.

Photobucket

No comments: