Friday, May 2, 2008

Meaningful Decorating




Our house is very spartan, there is minimal furniture and most of the walls are bare. I don't like a bare house but spending money on decorating our house is a very low priority. When I go to yard sales or head to the thrift store I'm on the look out for items that can be used to help decorate our home, I usually pick up picture frames for under a dollar.
On a side note that could be it's own frugal Friday tip: I never throw away greeting cards, I save them in a box and reuse them to make new cards or gift tags. Sometimes a card is just too special to be torn up and reused and I would like to keep it for sentimental value.

If the card has a pretty picture I like to frame it, I use coordinating paper cut to the frame's size as a background for the card. Framing cards adds a bit of decor to our home and I get a nice feeling every time I see the cards and remember the person that sent them and the good memories associated with them.

You'll have to forgive my pictures they are not the best, I took them early this morning and the lighting was awful and I used the flash which reflected back in the frames glass. Also never mind the wirey mess behind the counter, I placed the frame and a few planters there to hide our coffee maker that my husband has all torn apart, it looks messy and cluttered but it's temporary.


For more Frugal Friday Tips go here

No comments: