Saturday, March 29, 2008

Homemade Hamburger Buns


Last week I made hamburger buns and they turned out so good! They were so pretty when they came out of the oven that I had to have one, I made myself a PB and J sandwich with a still warm bun. We had these with Sloppy Joes the next day, the rest were put in the freezer for future meals. I've made buns before but have never been real happy with the results, this is the first time I've been pleased with both the taste and appearance of my hamburger buns. My recipe came from a blog called Maidens of Worth, found after a Google search for homemade hamburger buns, I wanted a new recipe for buns and I wasn't disappointed. I let my dough rise about 90 minutes before shaping into buns, the recipe doesn't have a long rise time but I thought it should rise a bit.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Those are some nice looking buns! I tried my hand at homemade foccacia bread this week...it turned out pretty good.