Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Inspired to take a little action


God answers prayers and not always how we expect; I'm trying to read the bible cover to cover. I found that I needed help, some sections were just boring, and I didn't want that, this is God's Word, God's Word! It's not supposed to be boring. I prayed that I would develop a love for reading the bible and that I would have a deep desire to read the bible. Call me silly but I had an attitude in thinking my prayers were like magic, that all I had to do was ask and I was going to suddenly have God's word in my heart. God is faithful in answering my prayer but not in a quick and easy WHAM! BAM! It is finished kind of way. No, no, no, nothing like that. God is requiring me to take a little action, He's requiring me to do a little work. This all makes sense, true desire will be shown with actions. This last week I've stepped up my reading, instead of 3 chapters a day I've read several more chapters upwards of 15 a day (this is mostly because I was behind in reading and I want to finish before the end of the year)
Inspired by this post at Purposeful Pursuit I am taking a little more action to develop my desire for God's Word. I'm going to memorize scripture weekly, something I haven't done since I was a child. I'm really excited about this, to help me out I wrote out the weekly scripture Psalms 103:1-4 (also inspired by Purposeful Pursuit) My picture is awful and you can't really see my scripture; I taped it above my oven so I would see it daily and be reminded. This new challenge of mine won't be easy but I know that God has placed the desire in my heart for His word and God is so faithful. I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow, look at you, you are the blogging queen. I am enjoying following your blog, you have lots of great tips. I am thrilled to have you memorizing scripture along with me.