Saturday, March 29, 2008

Redesigned Decor.


Our walls are bare and white. I'd love some color but for now they're white. We don't have a lot of things to put on the walls. You can imagine how upset I was when I dropped one of my few picture frames and broke the glass. We have concrete walls, when we moved in we were given little picture hooks designed for concrete walls, the problem is that the hook doesn't really work just right for hanging all things.

Determined to have something on our walls, I made the best of what I had. I glued a button on an ugly white hook that didn't fit the frame's hanger on the back. Taking advantage of my now glassless frame I added some embellishments including a tag that slightly hangs out of the frame. I hung my frame with an old polka dot scarf cut to size and stapled it to the back.
The look is eclectic and a little artsy fartsy, but I kind of like it.

No comments: