Sunday, March 2, 2008

My New Favorite Breakfast


Yogurt and Granola has been my favorite breakfast/snack for the longest time and I still love it. Now, I have a new favorite. During our time visiting with family last month, I got a taste for grapefruits in the morning, while staying at my In-laws. I love it! and it's Crazy! I never ate grapefruit as a kid, I tried it once when I was dating Greg and all I remember is I had to pour on the sugar to make it palatable. I don't know maybe my taste buds have changed or matured who knows. Now I think they are the best thing ever, a little sweet a whole lotta tart and altogether delicious! I still eat 'em with sugar but not to much. Here's what I do, cut the grapefruit in half, cut around the perimeter and in between the segments, sprinkle just a little brown sugar over the top and then broil the halves for just a few minutes, this seems to make them extra juicy and all the brown sugar melts and seeps into the fruit. it's so yummy. I like to squeeze out the last bit of juice into a cup once I've eaten the fruit, its like an extra treat.

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

We eat grapefruit at least every week - although I'd been eating it raw. I'll have to try the broiling idea. Isn't it great that grapefruit is inexpensive and full of great nutrients? Grew up on it . . .