Monday, April 7, 2008

1 John 4:10-13

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another 12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.


Greg and I started an Adult Sunday School class yesterday called Teamwork in Marriage. It's our first ever marriage type class. While we haven't found a church yet, we thought why not just jump in and get connected, this class is only 8 weeks long, if the church doesn't seem to click after the class is over we can continue church hopping, but I have to say I'm anxious to be settled and have a church family. I already know two other wifes who go to this church.
In the first class we talked about several verses on love, this verse in 1 John really sunk deep with me.

1 comment:

Kim from Canada said...

Hey there, I have been enjoying your blog recently and this particulary post caught my eye. I can empathize with the search for a home church. My husband and I spent over 2 years seeking out a church that held a doctrine we agreed with and had families and individuals who shared in some of our family interests. We are now blessed to be part of a strong, but small, church that has encouraged us and helped each of grow closer to the Lord - we have been members now for 8 years!
My only advice is to avoid choosing a church based just on programs or just on social events - thats all good stuff, but it doesn't feed you spiritually like good, solid truths in Sunday's sermons! Good luck!