Monday, April 7, 2008

Ribbon Tree


I'm cleaning up and organizing my craft stuff, this has been an ongoing project. I have a large twig that I just couldn't throw away I knew it could serve some purpose. I have emptied out my ribbon box and strung my ribbons on a sting hung on the wall. With my ribbons out in the open I can see what I have and I don't have to dig through a box making a big mess in the process.
Back to my twig: I have tied all my ribbon scraps to it, now I can see them all. Again- no more digging through a box.
My ribbon tree is a little big but it's cute and now my twig has a purpose.
By the way the twig is held in a wrapped Quaker oatmeal box and rock salt for support (the only thing I could find short of digging for rocks outside)

In case you were wondering this is what my ribbon organization used to look like:


For more Works for me Wednesdays go to Rocks in My Dryer.

3 comments:

ames said...

I *love* this idea!! I already have the string-o-ribbons on the wall but the scrappy bits are all over the place and I was attempting to keep them in a box that they clearly did not want to stay in. Brilliant!! I want a whole tree of them now :)

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great tip!

Linda

Memarie Lane said...

I am totally doing this. I too make hair bows and I've got spools everywhere!