Friday, April 4, 2008

Homemade Soft Scrub - Frugal Friday Encore Edition



I just finished cleaning my bathroom with homemade SoftScrub and my results were so great I knew I needed a second Frugal Friday Post.

I have the day off and I planned on doing a bunch of household chores that I have been putting off for days and days. My biggest excuse for cleaning was that I didn't have the proper cleaning solutions for the job. I have moped around the house for a while "organizing" cabinets and being distracted by all sorts of things until I came across a forgotten list of homemade household cleaners I had printed off a while back. For whatever reason I was immediately motivated to get cleaning and I quickly made a batch of homemade "soft scrub" I just finished cleaning the bathroom and scrubbing the tiles in the shower stall and my homemade cleaner worked beautifully.

To make SoftScrub simply mix baking soda with enough liquid detergent to form a paste with the consistency of frosting. Apply with a sponge, swish, swipe and rinse. My shower stall is clean and shiny. I love it. I also used the mixture to clean the counter and sink, I had days of caked on toothpaste and all sorts of gunk..now it's pretty and clean.

The best part about this soft scrub substitute is that I can make as much or as little as I'd like. I made just a small amount- enough to clean my bathroom once, so I don't have another container of cleaner taking up space in the cabinet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm so glad that I came across this post. I LOVE homemade cleaning recipes, and this is a new one to me. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks!